Welcome to Kindergarten
A Day in the Life of a Kindergartener
Click link for short video. The video documents the day of a kindergartner (from his perspective) in the classroom, working in groups, working independently, playing with friends at recess, going to lunch, and all the things involved in a school day in Alexander County Schools.
What you need to register your child for kindergarten
In order to register a child for kindergarten, parents must provide:
- Proof of age (certified birth certificate) - must be 5 on or before August 31
- Proof of residency (power bill, water bill - a cell phone bill is not acceptable)
- Parent/Guardian driver's license (or another acceptable photo id)
- Record of Immunizations (most children receive immunizations at their five-year-old checkup)
- NC Health Assessment Form (must be completed by both parent/guardian and medical provider)
- Legal Documentation such as custody or guardianship
If your child needs to take medication at school, a complete medication form will be required.
Get your child ready for Kindergarten
Your child is about to begin an amazing adventure where they will meet new friends, learn from caring educators, and build the foundation for an exceptional education.
We welcome you and your child to the ACS family. We are here to assist you as you begin this journey with your child.
If you haven't already, we invite you to explore the school's website and social media to learn more.