Phone: 828-632-7063 Ext. 2137
Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelors Business Administration/Entrepreneurship Masters Entrepreneurship National Board Certification Teacher Business Education Degree Family and Consumer Science Education Degree
Mrs. Susan Brown
THINGS TO LOOK FOR IN THIS DOCUMENT:
2. ASSIGNMENT FOR GROUP B
3. MY CLASS SCHEDULE, ROOM NUMBER, BLOCK NUMBERS
4. ABOUT ME
5. SUPPLY LIST
6. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO HELP LIST
I AM SORRY I DO NOT HAVE A VIDEO. DUE TO UNFORTUNATE CIRCUMSTANCES I HAVE BEEN OUT OF SCHOOL TODAY. I WILL SEE YOU ON MONDAY AUGUST 17TH IF YOUR NAME IS IN A GROUP
ATTENDANCE.....AT THE TOP OF THIS PAGE IS A LINK FOR EACH BLOCK FOR YOU TO FILL OUT FOR DAILY ATTENDANCE. TRY IT AND SEE IF IT WORKS . BUT, UNTIL WE CAN PERFECT HOW TO TAKE ATTENDANCE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU EMAIL ME DAILY MONDAY-FRIDAY. THIS IS FOR GROUP A, GROUP B AND WEDNESDAY. WHEN WE ARE ALL FACE TO FACE WE WILL DISCUSS HOW THIS WILL BE HANDLED AFTER THIS FIRST WEEK. ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS SEND AN EMAIL TO firstname.lastname@example.org and just put HERE in the subject and then submit it to me.
GROUP B ASSIGNMENT: FOR THOSE IN GROUP B I WILL SEE YOU ON AUGUST 20TH. GROUP B ON MONDAY, TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY OF NEXT WEEK HERE IS YOUR ASSIGNMENT.
1. GO TO CANVAS THERE IS A STUDENT HANDBOOK ASSIGNMENT ON MY PAGE FOR YOU TO DO AND TO ANSWER THE QUESTIONS AND TURN THEM IN. IF FOR SOME REASON YOU CAN'T OPEN CANVAS READ THE STUDENT HANDBOOK. YOU CAN FIND A COPY OF IT ON THE ALEXANDER COUNTY SCHOOL WEBSITE. IT IS ON THE right SIDE COLUMN. YOU POSSIBLY WILL GET THIS AS A LINK FROM ANOTHER SOURCE.
2. EITHER MAKE A GOOGLE DOC. OR JUST WRITE ON A PIECE OF PAPER 25 THINGS YOU LEARNED FROM THE HANDBOOK. IF YOU CHOOSE TO PUT IT ON A GOOGLE DOC. EMAIL IT TO ME AT email@example.com OR BRING IT TO ME ON AUGUST 20TH.
3. I WANT YOU TO MAKE A GOOGLE PRESENTATION OR WORD PPT. ABOUT YOU. IT SHOULD BE TEN SLIDES. TELL ME YOUR NAME, YOUR FAVORITE FOOD(S), ABOUT YOUR FAMILY, FAVORITE THING YOU LIKE TO DO, IF YOU BELONG TO SPORTS, BAND, CHORUS, CLUBS OR ANY OTHER THINGS YOU ENJOY. I WOULD LOVE PICTURES OF YOU, PETS, VACATION. YOU CAN SEND THIS TO ME via email or bring it to class on the 20th. For those who may have no internet service you could just write about you on a piece of paper.
4. COMPLETE THE ABOUT ME ASSIGNMENT ON THE GOOGLE FORM AND TURN IT IN.
WE, INCLUDING ME, HAVE A LOT TO LEARN ABOUT THIS NEW WAY OF DOING SCHOOL, CANVAS AND WEARING MASK.
LET'S WORK TOGETHER. PLEASE CONTINUE TO READ THIS PAGE.
IF YOU NEED TO ASK ME SOMETHING DON'T HESITATE TO SEND AN EMAIL.
Family Consumer Science Department- Foods and Nutrition II ROOM 137 1ST SEMESTER Blocks 1 8:00AM-9:30 AM and BLOCK 2 9:35AM-11:00AM ROOM 137
Family Consumer Science Department- Foods and Nutrition 1
1ST SEMESTER BLOCK 4 1:35PM-3:05 PM ROOM 137
MY ROOM IS LOCATED IN B BUILDING, CTE HALL, BOTTOM FLOOR ROOM 137
Hello to all of you. I look forward to our new year and yes it will be a little different but we can do this.
Some of you may be wanting a supply list. The things I am asking you to have will be what each of you will need for your personal needs in class. You will need to keep these items in your bookbag and we will not be sharing with each other. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE IF you cannot obtain these items send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will get them for you.
This is my 13th year of teaching at AC! I am a member of the Family and Consumer Science team. I teach Foods 1 and 2 and will be teaching a new course in the Spring, Counseling and Mental Health 1 and 2. Foods 1 offers nutrition, measuring, small equipment, sanitation and safety and much more. Foods 2 offers farm to table, food production, ServSafe certification and much more. We do labs in these classes but this year we will have to decide how we work on those based on the pandemic we are in. I look forward to meeting you the week of the 17th.
(1) 3 subject composition book- hopefully you can have this on the first or second day
(1) 3 ring hardback binder-this is not needed for 1st two weeks of school
Pencils- you need the first day you come to schF
Pens- you need the first day you come to school
Flash Drive- If you don't have internet or a good connection at home you will need this to download assignments on the days you are at school.
Colored markers- you need the first week of school
Mask- the school is supposed to provide some of these
plastic gloves- we will not be cooking for maybe the first three weeks so no hurry
baggies- these are just for you to keep your personal things in
IF YOU CAN HELP WISH LIST:
Plastic Forks, paper plates, aluminum foil, cooking oil spray, hand washing soap, dish detergent, dish detergent tablets for dishwasher, kleenex, gloves, disinfectant wipes