Physical Science Teacher
Phone: 828.632.7063 ext. 2215
Degrees and Certifications:
BS in Physics BA in Philosophy and Religion Certified to teach all secondary Science.
Meet Mr. McCollum And Tour His Classroom In This Video
Class Supply List:
1.Chromebook and charger,
2. Composition Notebook & something to write with,
3. Calculator (graphing for Physics and Chemistry and scientific for Physical Science),
4. A Thumb/Zip/Flash drive if you have no or spotty internet at home (a few gb of space might be needed),
5. Some earbuds or headphones.
Getting ready for week 1:
- Check your email for important info.
- Come check out the open house on Tuesday 8/17/21
- Don’t panic just do your best we are all going to do fine!
- Remember to consider how others feel and give people their space.
- For any questions try my email. Cmccollum@alexander.k12.nc.us
I have two degrees from Appalachian State University, a B.A. in Philosophy and Religion in 2005 and a B.S. in Physics 2017 (with a concentration in Secondary Education). I have worked with students for over a decade. I was a counselor for abused children, then a youth minister and mentor, and I drove a school bus. While I was driving the school bus, a local principal asked me to help a 7th grade teacher. She was two years away from retirement, but had a huge family crisis. I shadowed her for two years, filling in whenever and where ever she needed me. When she retired she made me promise to get a teaching license, so I did! I chose to teach the physical sciences because I love understanding how things work and seeing how we can manipulate and play with our environment. I like to build and create, so physics was perfect for getting hands on with my classroom activities. I hope to bring this way of learning to my classroom with lots of experiments and demos that show the real-world application of science.
Mr. McCollum Fall 2021 Teaching Schedule
2nd Physical Science
3rd Physical Science
4th Physical Science