Phone: 828.632.7063 x 2221
Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelor's Degree in English Secondary Edu. - Appalachian State
Mr. Jared Kaylor
For the 2021-2022 School Year...
Hello! My name is Jared Kaylor, and this is my seventh year as an English teacher at ACHS. I look forward to teaching your child over the course of this year, hoping to add a little more depth and understanding to their knowledge of writing, grammar, and literature. Along with teaching English, I am also an Assistant Cross Country Coach at ACHS: helping student-athletes grow both physically as well as intellectually. I enjoy mentoring and supporting students in any way that I can: hopefully pushing them to explore their interests alongside their academic responsibilities.
I graduated from Appalachian State University with a Bachelor’s degree in English Secondary Edu. in 2014, and I am currently going to East Carolina University for a Master’s degree in English.
If you need to contact me, please feel free to call me during my planning period:
(2nd Period: 9:33-10:56/11:30)
My number at the school is 828.632.7063 x 2221
You may also email me at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org
Supply List (for ALL classes)
- A 2” 3-ring binder with 4 or 5 dividers and loose-leaf paper (college-ruled).
This notebook/ binder should have the following sections:
-Vocabulary (WWtW/ Lit. terms/ etc.) & Grammar
-Literature Information (handouts, notes, etc.)
-Research Paper info. & other documents
-Any graded work (optional)
- A (fully charged) Google Chromebook & access to Canvas/ Google Classroom
- Pens (blue or black ink) and Pencils
- A pack of Notecards (3”x5”) for oral presentations/ paragraph writing/ etc.
- A willingness to learn, to read/write, and to contribute to the discussions/tasks at hand