Bienvenue chez Madame Greiner!Professeur de français
IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT SCHOOL CLOSURE DUE TO CORONAVIRUSPlease consult the district website for the most up to date information.These are very uncertain times, and there are more questions than answers. Here is what I do know:
- The most important thing to do is to stay healthy and follow the offical advice from the CDC, WHO, and Alexander County Health Department.
- There will be no new assignments the week of March 16-20. Check PowerSchool to see what you are missing and take this time to get caught up.
- If you need to contact me, email is best (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- All of our assignments and communications will be done through Google Classroom and your school email.
- If you are a parent and want to join our Google Classrooom site, please email me and I will send you the join code.
Welcome to the exciting study of French. In my class, we use comprehensible teaching strategies so that students learn to actually use the French language. I teach using storytelling methods that involve pictures, short video clips, and simplified reading texts. Students acquire French in a format similar to how they learned their first language.
In addition, our French program features an exchange with the Lycée Saint Ouen in Pont-Audemer in the Normandy region of France. For students that pursue advanced studies, we have a branch of the Société Honoraire de Français, or French Honor Society.
This is my fifth year teaching French at Alexander Central HS. I have previously taught in Charlotte Mecklenburg middle schools, Table Rock Middle, and Freedom High. I earned my Bachelor of Arts in French Education with a minor in History at Lenoir-Rhyne University. During this period, I spent a semester in Aix-en-Provence, France at the International American Institute. I earned my Master of Arts in Romance Languages, French at Appalachian State University. I spent a summer in Paris and Angers during this period, and I also was a graduate research and teaching assistant. In my free time, I enjoy reading, traveling, and spending time with my husband, our son, and our cats.
Schedule for Spring 20201st - Teacher Cadet 12nd - French 3/4/53rd - Planning4th - French 2Instructor: Madame Nancy R. GreinerPhone: (828) 632-7063 ext 2252Email: email@example.comDegrees and Certifications:Bachelor of Arts in French Education from Lenoir-Rhyne University (2001)Master of Arts in Romance Languages, French from Appalachian State University (2006)Learn NC Certified Online Teacher Program (2014)NCFPSC Teacher Cadet Trained (2020)