Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Marilyn Angle
Welcome to my web page!
My name is Marilyn Angle and I am your child’s third-grade classroom teacher. I am thrilled to be starting my fifth year at Stony Point and my 15th year of teaching. I am a graduate of Gardner-Webb University with a Master's Degree in elementary education.
Here is some information about my family and me:
- I have been married to my husband Dave for almost 43. (February 26th)
He is a retired math teacher at Alexander Central High School
- We have three sons, three daughters-in-law, and seven grandchildren, Our two oldest sons, David and Chris, live in Ohio, our home state. Our youngest son, Tyler, lives in Stony Point, and Dave and I live in Statesville.
- I earned my Bachelor’s Degree from Gardner-Webb University when I was 50 years old! I then whet back and earned my Master’s Degree in Elementary Education.
- I LOVE what I do! Teaching is more than a job to me; it is a calling that I take very seriously! Your child will become part of my family. Our classroom will be safe and enjoyable.
- I love sports (having 3 sons, that was not an option!), and I will try my best to attend events of my students if I have a schedule. This also means non-sporting events.
- I believe that EVERY child is important and that they deserve the best education possible. I know that it is my responsibility to do my best every day.
- Parent communication and involvement is also important to me, as we are a team in educating your child. Please know that my door is always open to you. I suggest that you call before coming to help me prepare for our meeting.
In closing let me say again, how thrilled I am to have your child in my class, and I look forward to getting to know you this year. Please contact me at school or by email if you have any questions.