Bus Licensing Information
DOT Physicals and Renewals:
- Use Link to schedule an appointment for Renewals or 1st time DOT Physicals
- Authorized Urgent Care Providers:
- Urgent Care of Mountain View, Taylorsville at 60 2nd Ave SW, Taylorsville, NC (Mon-Sat 9:00am-8:00pm Sun 10:00am-5:00pm)
- Med First Urgent Care: Statesville at 349 Brookdale Drive, Statesville, NC
- Catawba Valley Occupational Health at 3521 Graystone Place SE, Suite 201, Conover, NC (Mon-Fri 8:00am-4:30pm)
- Alexander County Schools will pay for 2 year DOT renewals and 1 year DOT renewals. One year renewals will require medical documentation.
- If you choose to use your own Doctor for your DOT renewal physical, and not the 3 provided above, Alexander County will reimburse you for $81.00 only. Use the attached form for reimbursement Bus DOT reimbursement
- When your physical is completed, you will receive a copy of your Medical Examiner's Certificate (MCSA-5876 Form). You will need to email a copy to: Revonda Carter firstname.lastname@example.org (email Revonda the Non-Excepted Interstate Commerce Certificates as well). You can also FAX a copy to her at: 828-632-7992.
- If you need a Physical every 6 months, you will be responsible for the 2nd Physical. Alexander County will only reimburse for 1 physical a year. You have 2 options when scheduling your 2nd physical:
- Option 1: use your own doctor
- Option 2: or use one of our 3 Urgent Care Providers and pay $81.00. Use this link to schedule an appointment: https://managedservices.bib.com/alexanderdot
New CDL License and Renewals:
- After passing the BUS Driver Training Class:
- Schedule an appointment for a DOT physical. The DOT Physical Form Link is listed above.
- Go to the DMV to get your CDL permit. (Take your Medical Examiner's Certificate with you)
- You will pay for the 1st CDL License.
- All CDL Renewals will be paid for by Alexander County School System. Use the following Reimbursement Form. Give to your school's bookkeeper when completed and attach the receipt.
All Bus Drivers will be randomly drug tested quarterly by Alexander County School System.