Public Hearing on School Consolidation and Possible Closing of Taylorsville Elementary
Tuesday, April 19, 2016 - 6:00 p.m.
Taylorsville Elementary Gymnasium
The public hearing is a common vehicle through which public agencies receive public input on a proposed action. Public hearings typically provide the public an opportunity to offer their thoughts on a policy matter or a specific proposal that is before the agency for decision. The role of governing body members is to hear and consider those views when making a decision, not to offer responses to the audience.
Individuals wishing to speak for/against school consolidation and possible closing of Taylorsville Elementary should note the following guidelines for the event:
- A sign-up sheet will be made available from 5:00 – 5:55 p.m. The sheet will be located on a table inside the gymnasium door. If you wish to speak, you must sign up.
- The public hearing will start at 6:00 p.m.
- Each individual will be called to the microphone in the order they have signed up. Each individual wishing to speak will be asked to state his/her name before speaking.
- Each individual will be allotted 3 minutes to speak about the topic.
- If an individual is serving as the spokesperson for a recognized group, that individual will be allotted 5 minutes.
- Please be respectful to the board and to speakers. No profanity will be tolerated.